Sunday, January 13, 2008

Fat without the PH

Today is my birthday. Whoopee! It's hard to get excited, since I'm not really celebrating it. Granted, Sheila made me some cupcakes and they were delicious!

It strikes me that if you didn't make a new year's resolution, or you haven't really been living up to it, your birthday is a great time to make a new one or to get back on track. You've been alive an entire year longer. Why not resolve to do better in the coming year? Which is to say that I'm totally getting fat, but I'm too lazy to do anything about it, like start exercising. I am the epitome of American obesity.

Quite honestly, it's hard for me to appreciate that I'm now 23 years old. Like, turning 21 was a big deal. It was a "finally I'm an adult" type moment and it came right after I started my first big bad new job of my adult life. Turning 22 was cute in a "Oh haha, look there's something after 21" kind of way. But 23? What a mutt. Turning 23 does nothing but remind me that my early twenties are almost gone. In a year I will firmly be in my mid-twenties.

Better go out there and do something with myself before I get too fat to leave my bed.

No comments: