Sunday, January 6, 2008

Good afternoon!

In an effort to save money, I'm trying to replace my NY Times Sunday Edition ($5) addiction with the Washington Post ($1.50). I thought it would be easy, but it's pretty damn difficult. I guess I could start by making a list why the Post is superior to the Times.

Why I love the Post:
1. The early edition of the Sunday paper is sold on Saturday.
2. The price.
3. Book World is not so bad: "Poet's Choice," a column written by Robert Pinsky is fantastic, plus their Literary Calendar lists all the cool readings I never have time to go to during the week.
4. Coupons!
5. The comics. (They are never that funny, but they are in color.)
6. No Maureen Dowd.
7. The wedding announcements are not full of people that make me feel like a loser.

That is about it. The Post should really consider working on their magazine. Their cover pieces is always some silly story about a local girl's soccer team or something even more boring.

Sigh...I may have to walk to 7-11 to buy the NY Times...

No comments: