Thursday, January 3, 2008

I promise I won't say the "I" word too much....

It's difficult being in a classroom all day (for professional development) and not being close to a computer with Internet access. Sadly, I didn't need to obsessively check CNN.com every five minutes to know that the media is obsessed with the Iowa Caucuses. (As they should be.) I predict (or mostly likely pray) Barack Obama will kick ass. Then we can be treated to a flurry of newspaper reports about the first "real" black candidate for president. (Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton were just jokes where people didn't know the punchlines.)

I'm don't care about the Republicans yet. We have to wait until South Carolina to figure out which candidate seduced the evangelicals. I'm sure it won't be difficult for someone like Giuliani to do this. After Pat Robertson's endorsement of Giuliani, our nation learned the "evangelical" movements acts like a cheap slut that will give it up to any man who promises them a date to the Inaugural Ball.

No comments: